- Renowned TV anchor within British Kashmiri community, presented a variety of live, interactive and recorded shows including one to one in-depth biographical interviews and multiple participants debate and discussion shows with prominent personalities representing different walks of life;
- Led programming including news and current affair teams at independent satellite channels, covering European and Asian continents and different languages;
- Carried out a range of Social Research including academic and policy research, report writing, Oral History recording, transcription and dissemination;
- Experienced in community Outreach, heritage insight, organizing community exhibitions around art, literature, music, dramas and films;
- Led community Campaigning around a range of issues including immigration, equality, citizenship, inclusion and representation;
- Qualified and experienced in Translation, interpreting, language development, language assessment and identification;
- Fully aware of confidentiality and accuracy issues in various situations and setups in voluntary and public sectors.
- Equipped with coordination and management skills and abilities.
- Conducted numerous Face to face In-depth interviews, Focus Group interviews and discussions and well versed in report writing and dissemination.
- Published Writer with publications in academic journals and English and Urdu newspapers across the world on transnationalism from below, communities, equality, inclusion and languages.
- Recruited, trained and coordinated a team of over 40 presenters of various linguistic and cultural backgrounds for three years as founding head of ‘programs and current affairs’ at multilingual South Asian global television channels;
- Worked in Heritage (artefacts/stories) collection area using specifically designed documentation and recording forms
- Multilingual - fluent in written and spoken, English, Pahari, Pothwari and Urdu
June 2008 – July 2009: Head of programing and Current Affairs
KBC – Kashmir Broadcasting Corporation, UK based global multilingual TV Channel.
April 2006 – March 2008: Head of programming and Current Affairs
Aapna Channel, UK based global multilingual TV Channel.
Responsibilities included Recruiting and training presenters and presenting talks shows and carrying out live and recorded interviews in both posts